Below is a listing of the known value-added services with our current benefits vendors.
All employees are encouraged to research and compare prices and services before purchasing, signing any contract or making any arrangements. Any arrangements, services or products from any discount program are strictly between the employee, as a consumer, and the merchant, and are the sole responsibility of the individual employee.
All vendor discount services are offered at the discretion of the vendor. The State of Iowa and ISU assume no responsibility for any arrangements, contracts, purchases or disputes between an individual employee and any discount merchant.
Delta Dental EyeMed Vision Discount Program
- Discounts on eye glasses at participating providers through DeltaVision (PDF).
- Included with enrollment in any delta Dental of Iowa plan
Wellmark BC/BS Member Discounts
- Blue365 Member Discounts and Services: access to discounts and services related to diet, family care, financial, fitness, hearing, travel and vision
- Identity Protection Services (PDF)
- Members will need their Wellmark ID card and the following enrollment code: 4170999624, also found on the member’s myWellmark account, when they sign up for services.
- Eligible members will have access to the following services at no cost:
- Credit monitoring
- Cyber monitoring
- Fraud detection
- Complete identity recovery
- Reimbursement insurance
Principal Financial Offers the Following when Enrolled in ISU Group Term Life Insurance
- Travel Assistance - services provided by AXA Assistance
- You, your spouse and dependent children (whether traveling together or separately) have access to travel, medical, legal and financial assistance plus emergency medical evacuation benefits when traveling domestically or internationally 100 or more miles away from home for up to 120 consecutive days.
- Services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For more information visit: www.principal.com/travelassistance
- Identity Theft Kit and Legal Documents
- Living Will
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
- Financial Power of Attorney Preparation
- Authorization for Minor's Medical Treatment
Services are available through ARAG/Principal Financial Group. You may begin using these free documents at any time by visiting: www.ARAGwills.com/Principal.
- Iowa State University group policy number 1116190
If you have questions or would like to learn more about this service, contact Customer Care at:
ISU Life and/or Long-Term Disability Enrollment
- Hearing Aid Program – Free annual screenings through American Hearing Benefits, Inc. Eligible for up to 60% off digital hearing aids with two-ear warranty at no additional charge. For information visit American Hearing Benefits, Inc. website or call 877-890-4694.
- Laser Vision Correction – Through the National Lasik Network, administered by LCA-Vision, Inc., you, your spouse and dependent children receive savings on one of the most frequently performed elective surgeries in America. For information go to: www.principallasik.com or call 888-647-3937.
- Link to all Discounts and Services (PDF) available through Principal.
Discounts from University Contracted Suppliers through ISU Procurement
The following contracted suppliers and university internal stores offer discounts to Iowa State University Faculty and Staff for use on personal purchases as an additional benefit to those employees.
- Apple – offers educational discount on apple items through the University Bookstore
- B&H Photo – offers the Iowa State contract price and free shipping
- CDWG – offers the Iowa State contract price and free shipping
- Dell – offers educational discount on Dell items through the University Bookstore
- Microsoft – offers free Office Pro licensing to employees through the University Bookstore
- Office Depot – offers the Iowa State contract price and free shipping
- Reiman Gardens – offers discounts to employees on all membership levels
ISU Alumni Association Annual Membership Discount
Faculty and Staff of Iowa State University can purchase an ISU Alumni Association annual membership at a discounted rate of $45. Membership comes with a variety of benefits, including local and national discounts, annual wall calendar, access to the Alumni director, discounted Alumni Center rentals, and Iowa Stater magazine (mailed three time per year).
Visit www.isualum.org/join and select Faculty/Staff membership to take advantage of this offer. Auto-renew is available by checking the auto-renew box when you select your membership.
For questions, please contact Emily Beck, director of member services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-5092.