Iowa State University faculty with 9-month work periods (corresponding to the academic year) have the opportunity to earn supplemental summer salary.
Faculty with 9-month work periods (corresponding to the academic year) may elect to spread their academic year salary over 12 months (July-June). This election is available only to faculty who are employed for the full academic year and after the first full year at ISU. See “12 Month Salary Spread” request info at https://www.provost.iastate.edu/faculty-success/faculty-hiring.
- Faculty who do not elect the 12-month pay option and who are paid Summer Salary, have benefit deductions taken for each month of summer pay.
- Faculty who do not elect the 12-month pay option and who are not paid Summer Salary, have benefit deductions taken in August pay (in arrears).
- Faculty who elect the 12-month pay option have their benefit deductions withheld evenly throughout the fiscal year, with each monthly pay period.
Resigning, Retiring Faculty or Reducing Appointment Below 50% FTE
- Employees who separate (resign or retire): Benefits coverage is through the end of month of separation.
- COBRA insurance is offered to all those resigning or reducing appointment or to retirees not eligible to continue the ISU Plan. Contact the UHR Benefits office for questions.
- Employees whose appointment will be reduced below 50%: Benefits coverage is only until the end of last month of work above 50% FTE.